For students to work on hand eye coordination and catching skills alone and with a partner.
3rd – 8th Grade
• FlipZ (17206)
• Tuffskin balls (6.3”) (10507)
Have students gather around in a large circle. In the center demonstrate each skill prior to students attempting them.
- Toss the FlipZ in the air making it rotate over itself at least once and catch it with the same hand.
- Toss the FlipZ in the air making it rotate over itself at least once and catch it with the opposite hand.
- Start with the FlipZ in your hand with one color on the bottom. Toss the FlipZ in the air making it rotate at least once attempting to catch it with the opposite color on bottom( catch with either one hand or two)
- Start with one Tuffskin ball and a FlipZ. Toss the ball up with one hand and hit it back up into the air with the FlipZ once and catch with your hand. Progressive hits and then catch 1,2,3,4 etc
- Start with one Tuffskin ball and a FlipZ. Toss the ball up with one hand and hit the ball back up into the air and then change the color on top of the FlipZ and hit the ball into the air a second time and then catch it with one hand. Progressive hits/flips 2,3,4 etc.
- Start with one Tuffskin ball and a FlipZ. Toss the ball into the air and catch the ball using the FlipZ (use 1 or 2 hands to hold FlipZ) Ball must go above your head and cannot touch your body or hands to assist in catching.
- Start with one Tuffskin ball and a FlipZ. Start with the ball on top of one side of the FlipZ. Toss the ball up in the air using 1 or 2 hands, turn the FlipZ over and catch ball on top.
- Toss Tuffskin ball up into the air and pass FlipZ around your back and catch ball on FlipZ
- Place FlipZ on ground in front of you. Toss ball into the air. While ball is in the air pickup FlipZ and catch the ball on top after one bounce.
- Place FlipZ on the ground behind you. Toss ball into the air. While ball is in the air turn around and pick up FlipZ and catch the ball on top after one bounce.
- Stand 8-10 feet across from your partner. Toss FlipZ to partner and have them catch using one hand ( two hands if needed)
- Toss FlipZ to partner and call which hand to catch it with as you toss it
- Hold FlipZ horizontally in your hands so it can roll off towards your partner and be flat as it approaches them. Toss FlipZ to your partner and call out which color to have their hand on when they catch it. Catch with one hand.
- Stand back to back with your partner. One partner will start with the FlipZ in their hand. Partner A with the FlipZ will toss the FlipZ backwards over their head. Partner B will need to react and catch the FlipZ before it touches the ground using 1 or 2 hands. Students should call out “Ready?” “Yes”
- Each partner starts with their own FlipZ. Toss FlipZ to one another at the same time and catch using one hand. (two hands if needed)
- Each partner starts with their own FlipZ. One partner has a ball to start with. Toss ball to partner who will catch the ball on their FlipZ. Take turns tossing and catching. See how many catches you can make in a row together.
7.Each partner starts with their own FlipZ and one partner has a ball to start with. Partner A will toss the ball towards their partner. Partner B will hit the ball back to Partner A using their FlipZ who will catch the ball using their free hand. Progressive hits and catches 1,2,3,4, etc. See how many hits in a row you and your partner can make with catching the ball.
- Repeat step 7 but after each hit students must flip over their FlipZ so the opposite color is on top. Start with one hit and catch and then progress to more.
- Each partner starts with their own FlipZ and a ball. Partners need to toss their ball to their partner and each must catch their partners ball on their FlipZ. Both must catch to succeed.
- Stand back to back with your partner each starting with a FlipZ. Partner A starts with a ball in their hand. Partner will toss the ball backwards over their head and Partner B must try and catch it on their FlipZ. Take turns tossing and catching. See how many catches in a row you and your partner can make. Allow a bounce for modifications of needed.