To be the first team to assemble 4, 5, and 6+ letter words as a team through the roll of an alphabet dice.
Grade level: 2-8
• 15 hula hoops: 5 red, 4 orange, 3 yellow, 2 green, 1 purple (# of hoops can be adjusted to accommodate class size) (X14004)
• 15 alphabet dice (1 in each hoop) (15284)
• 1 whiteboard, dry-erase marker, eraser for each team (21202)
• Index card(s) with words to be spelled for each team
How to play:
• Students are placed in teams of 2 or small groups
• 1 member from each team competes against another member from different team at hoop level 1.
• Each player rolls 1 dice
• Opponents play 1 round of R-P-S (rock, paper, scissor) to see who wins.
• Winner remembers both letters which were rolled and reports them to home base to begin forming a word
• Loser jogs 1 lap or performs given exercise and chooses1 letter to remember and bring back to home base.
• If you roll a “sloppy dice” (outside of hoop), its an automatic loss
• Students alternate turns and remain at same level until that level word is formed. Student/team may advance a level once the word is formed.
• Starting Level is red hoops and championship level is purple hoop
• Team wins once all words have been completed!
• Difficulty of words is based on level of hoop competing at.
View equipment here: https://www.palossports.com/store/search.cfm?q=Word+Up+Equipment&go.x=0&go.y=0